Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
As of: 2017/10/28 10:35 am
- Gameplay with differing stories and missions depending on NPCs encountered
- Handheld action RPG action where players engage in epic quests in undiscovered lands filled with dangerous monsters and untold stories
- Connect locally with up to three friends in cooperative gameplay modes, and utilize wireless features that allow access to changing exclusive items and quests
- Customization allowing you to create your own hero, changing your hair, face, body style and equipping them from a selection of over 1,000 in-game items including weapons, shields, armor and accessories
- In-game treasure maps that reveal otherwise inaccessible special dungeons called grottoes, which can contain rare items or enemies
In "Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies," players begin their adventure as a city guardian who is sent to retrieve a sacred tree's fruits, which have the power to grant wishes. Players travel the world, conquer fearsome monsters and unravel an epic storyline. During their journey, players will encounter mighty opponents in fast-paced battles, and also interact with a colorful cast of characters. "Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies" contains special modes that let players share their adventure with others, allowing up to four players to team up via a local wireless connection and experience the fun of tackling challenging monsters and dungeons cooperatively with their own characters. Players can even leave the game active in their backpacks, pockets or purses and still interact with other players via an interactive "Tag Mode." Information about players' characters can be wirelessly transmitted to others, and treasure maps and customized greetings can be exchanged automatically by players who come within range of one another when their games are set to Tag Mode. Players looking to enjoy a variety of different game activities can take on special side quests. Some of these quests will be earned by progressing through the game, while additional quests will be made available for free download for players with broadband Internet access after the game launches, providing hours of additional content for virtual adventurers to enjoy either on their own or with friends. Some downloadable quests will continue the main storyline of the game, while others offer standalone missions.